Miami pilot wins Advance wing in XC Mag draw

Johnny Perez, happy winner of an Advance wing in the Cross Country draw

Johnny Perez, happy winner of an Advance wing in the Cross Country draw

On 1 Dec Johnny Perez, an Argentinian pilot living in Miami USA, scooped the top prize in the Cross Country Magazine Subscribers’ Prize Draw winning himself an Advance paraglider of his choice.

Speaking from Miami, Johnny, a Cross Country subscriber for five years, told us, “When I got the news yesterday, I called Cross Country. A second later I was jumping all over the place. The people in my office thought I was crazy!”

Johnny, who flies mainly from tow launching over the swamps and flatlands of Miami or soaring on the beach, comes from a family of pilots.

A premonition to his cross country prize draw win? Johnny's laptop was already adorned with Advance stickers

“Funny enough, of the three brothers who fly in my family, the other two both fly Advance! I was the only one left without one.”

Johnny is still deliberating which Advance wing to choose.

Second prize in the draw went to another long time subscriber of Cross Country, Belgium pilot Baute Stijn, who wins a Sup’Air Hybrid harness. Third prize went to American Mike Steed who picks up a state-of-the-art FlyTec 6020 GPS vario.

Seven more pilots also won prizes just for being subscribed to the only international English language hang gliding and paragliding magazine in the world. Prizes in the draw ranged from GoPro cameras, gift vouchers through to tee-shirts and caps.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next Cross Country magazine subscribers’ draw at www.xcmag.com

Tags:

7 Responses to “Miami pilot wins Advance wing in XC Mag draw”

1. Javier Perez
    December 4, 2009 at 4:00 pm #

Hi, a im John Brother´s. I can belive was happen here!!!! I wish the best and happy flying to John.
    From Misiones-Argentina
    Javier A. Perez

2. December 30, 2009 at 8:04 pm #

Great job, dad!! I’m so proud of you!! If you put your mind to something, you can always excel at it! Fly high and Fly happy!!!

3. Felix
    May 25, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

Hola Johnny,

Felicitaciones por tu logro..

Soy Felix Argentino y estoy buscando donde puedo volar con torno movil o fijo en miami..

Slds,

felix

4. Jose Carlos
    January 3, 2014 at 1:11 am #

Ola sou do brasil e estrous em boca Raton estrous precisando comprar produtos da flytec com bom précis vc oped me indicar grato Jose carlos

5. Jose Carlos
    January 3, 2014 at 1:12 am #

E-mail cooreto

6. Jose Carlos
    January 3, 2014 at 1:13 am #

E-mail corrector e ribamar_97@yahoo.com.br
    Grato

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Winner of Cross Country's 2009 prize draw enjoys his new Advance paraglider | Cross Country International Hang Gliding and Paragliding Magazine - July 27, 2010

[...] Perez won the 2009 Cross Country prize draw – first prize a paraglider of his choice from Advance. He made this video to record his first [...]

Travel Guide: Suggestions

Guide to Greifenburg, Austria

Guide to Greifenburg, Austria

Greifenburg offers big grassy fields and strong alpine flying in the heart of the Austrian Alps Read >>

Guide to Laragne, France

Guide to Laragne, France

The dry skies of Provence provide a free flying theatre of unparalleled quality Read >>

Guide to St Andre, France

Guide to St Andre, France

St Andre combines everything you need to have a stunning Alpine flying holiday in one sunny package Read >>