French mini-paraglider specialist Little Cloud will release the new version of their popular Spiruline at the beginning of 2012.
The company say all of the improvements have been made while ensuring it remains an “easy, versatile and safe” wing.
The new Spiruline has an aspect ratio of 4.3, and is made from the same material as the previous model, so the robust 41g Dominico fabric on top, 35g on the bottom and 40g hard finish for the ribs.
Its characteristics are:
- Super-easy inflation. Mini nylon rods and a special rigging on the tip give more feedback in the riser when inflating the wing.
- More accurate and precise handling.
- More versatile turns: the new version will turn very flat as well as banking up well, making thermalling easier.
- An increase in cell numbers to 34 has improved the homogeneity of the wing, reducing spanwise movements.
- Glide angle of 8:1.
- Improved risers with an easier-to-use trim system located higher up to avoid affecting the brakes.
Little Cloud have developed a system to attach the risers together that avoids tangling, and once you are familiar with it, they say you can attach the riser to your harness with the glider in the bag. The new Spiruline also comes with a new improved rucksack.
It is a lighter grey/silver than the original, and lighter than shown in the picture above, and Little Cloud’s swirly signature print design on the top surface has been revamped.
The wing will be available in three sizes, M, L and XL (16,18 and 20m2) and the cost will be 1600€, 1700€ and 1750€ respectively for the three sizes.
• Got news? Send it to us at email@example.com.