The Paragliding World Cup superfinal in Mexico is now well underway. More strong conditions were reported for task three, a 103.2km race to goal. The day was jointly won by France’s Luc Armant and Italy’s Luca Donini.
Luc landed in 2:47:50, 20 seconds before Luca, but when lead-out points were added in their scores for the day were equal. Slovenian Jurij Vidic took third place overall. The combined results for the first three tasks now have Frenchman Lucas Bernardin (Niviuk) in first place, ahead of Luca (Ozone) and Jean-Marc Caron (FR, Niviuk).
Petra Slivova and Seiko Fukuoka-Naville were first and second women in goal, Marina Olexina third.
Petra is still the first woman overall, though Seiko no longer appears in the top three of the women’s overall scores. Her first two day’s scores have seemingly disappeared from the listings. We’re not sure the reason for this as yet.
France currently tops the nations rankings, ahead of Italy (these are also the two most-represented nations) and Venezuela.
Incidents-wise, we hear there were four reserve throws in the third task, but no major injuries.
RESULTS Superfinal Task 3
1. Luc Armant FR – Ozone EnZo – 2:47:50
=1. Luca Donini IT – Ozone EnZo – 2:48:12
3. Jurij Vidic SL – Ozone EnZo – 2:48:56
1. Petra Slivova CZ – Gin Boomerang X (69th overall) – 3:24:15
2. Seiko Fukuoka-Naville FR – Ozone Mantra M4 (73rd overall) – 3:39:08
3. Marina Olexina RU – Gin Boomerang GTO (76th overall) – 3:40:35
RESULTS Superfinal Overall after Task 3
1. Lucas Bernardin FR – Niviuk Icepeak 6 – 2,154 points
2. Luca Donini IT – Ozone EnZo – 2,149 points
3. Jean-Marc Caron FR – Niviuk Icepeak 6 – 2,143 points
1. Petra Slivova CZ – Gin Boomerang X – 1,597 points
2. Regula Strasser CH – Ozone Mantra M4 – 1,397 points
3. Darya Krasnova RU – Axis Venus 3 – 1,188 points