Britain’s Emile Van Wyk won the first of the two rounds that make up the British Paragliding Championships 2012, on an Ozone EnZo.
Nicole Fedele of Italy was highest placed woman, flying an Ozone Mantra M4, and Kirsty Cameron was top Brit. She was flying an EnZo.
The competition, which was held in Meduno, Italy from 26 May – 2 June 2012, was unfortunately plagued by bad weather for the last few days. The three validated tasks were short and racy, at 54.6km, 39km and 39km.
The second and final round that completes the British Championships starts in Spain’s Pedro Bernardo on July 2012.
1. Emile Van Wyk, GB, Ozone EnZo
2. Jamie Messenger, GB, Ozone EnZo
3. Steve Senior, GB, Ozone EnZo
1. Nicole Fedele, Italy, Ozone Mantra M4
2. Renata Kuhnova, CZ, Axispara Venus 3
3. Kirsty Cameron, GB, Ozone EnZo
• Got news? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org