Quest Air Open and Reopen is a race-to-goal hang glider comp in Florida, described on AirTribune as “Pretty much like the Quest Air Open for the last two years, except for the below”:
- No USHPA fee ($100)
- No USHPA NTSS points
- No USHPA event insurance ($250)
- No CIVL sanctioning fee ($300)
- No WPRS points
- No pre-paid dinners ($1,000-$2,000). Pilots are welcome to organize their own using the Quest Air kitchen and local restaurants
- No trophies, just fun ($400)
- No prize money, no big entry fees ($3,000)
- No meet director, pilot organized ($1,000-$2,000)
- No safety director, pilot organized safety committee
- No meet organizer, just us pilots here ($1,000-$2,000)
Just towing, retrieval and camping fees.
Race to goal scoring.
The fee for each competition will be $25 per week plus the cross country season fee of $25, for a total of $75 if you do both comps.
Details on Airtribune